Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Awdio Sawce...WTF?

First, the name.  I was talking with a co-worker about music and tried saying "audio source".  I had just a little spittle trying to escape my mouth while I was talking and the combination of that and my natural Staten Island/New Jersey accent lead to the words coming out like "audio sauce".  Then I futzed with the spelling.  There.  Now no more questions.

I just bought a new bass.  The thing is beautiful.  It's a used Sterling by Music Man SB14.  Blue body with a white pickguard.  When I look at it, I can't believe it's used - no blemishes and still has the original battery and strings.

But I'm not a bassist - at least, not yet.  I've played drums for about 25 years.  I'm not as good as I once was and haven't actually played my kit in about 2 years.  I've explored electronic kits but they're expensive and I can't really see myself banging around on a loud acoustic kit by myself at this point in my life and I don't want to commit to a band.

So I've decided to take on a new instrument - one that can be practiced quietly.  I've played some guitar but always find myself picking it like a bass and more interested in playing bass lines.  so this seems like a natural move.

I figure I can use this space to document my trials and tribulations with the new axe.  I downloaded some beginners' books and tabs and put them on my Kindle.  Let's see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment