Friday, October 14, 2011

Progress Again

As planned, my practice last night consisted of chord structures and understanding the fret board (OK - that wasn't planned but is necessary).

I learned the notes of the G and C major chords and played some grooves around them as written in the book I'm using.  I don't remember what book it is because it's a home and I'm not.

I intend to progress in the book next time I practice but also go back and review what I already did.  It's funny, I'm finding some similarities in how I was when I was first learning the drums.  I suspect it's like almost anyone else.  I do some structured practice but still need to play songs.  So, after the lessons in the book, I went back to the James Brown tune and just kept playing it - the difference was I was listening through headphones.

Before last night, I was only hearing the raw sounds of the strings - not very loud with a solid-body bass.  But I found my 1/8" to 1/4" jack converter and plugged in my headphones last night and heard the sound with the electronics for the first time.  Wow.  Sounded so cool.

As for tonight, we've got plans and I won't likely be home until close to 11:00 or midnight.  So I don't imagine I'll be putting in any bass time.  Will try and get some more done over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment